Skip to content (Press Enter)
Pray in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit, the creator and sustainer of all
As we think of all those affected by COVID-19 – who have lost loved ones, who are infected, those whose lives have been shaken and disrupted, we remember that we can pray to the creator of all. He is the one who to whom the earth and all that is within it belong.
Please pray for:
– Healing for all those who are sick, that they would respond well to treatment.
– An end to the spread of the virus.
– Those under lockdown – people restricted to their homes and can’t go outside. Pray for patience and good relationships between family members who are stuck in close proximity.
Pray to the God of all comfort
‘Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God’ 2 Corinthians 1:3
In this situation, we can cry out to the Lord of compassion to comfort those who are grieving and to help those struggling with the disruption to daily life.
– Pray that all health care workers and first responders in their communities to continue to give the ongoing support they need and know God’s leading as they do this.
– Pray for all schools. Pray that this would be effective, but also pray for parents needing to take time off work or make childcare arrangements.
– The virus is a solemn reminder of the uncertainty of life – ask that many across the globe would be drawn to trust and faith in Christ, a sure hope in uncertain times.
– Pray for Christians to be able to comfort those around them with the comfort they receive from God.
Pray to the Lord, who brings wisdom and strength
Fighting COVID-19 is a huge challenge for medical staff and governments around the world. Ask God to provide wisdom and strength and give his grace. Pray God gives strength to the weary and sustains people. He grants wisdom, even to those who do not know him.
– Local, state and government workers dealing with COVID-19 .– God grant wisdom as they seek to contain the virus.
– Employees and Employers trying to manage through these difficult times
There are stories of extreme exhaustion and of the challenges of isolation. Ask the Lord to sustain them and that they would know they can call on his strength.
Pray to Christ, the light of the world
The darker the surroundings, the brighter His Light must shine. In times of darkness, difficulty and uncertainty, Christ’s Church often grows, both spiritually and numerically.
– Christians across the globe to continue trusting the Lord and learn to always turn to Jesus for the peace they seek
– Christians to faithfully point others to Jesus in these uncertain times
– Churches to unite in prayer and find practical ways to demonstrate Christ’s love and comfort to those around them
– All workers to know God’s peace and to turn their anxious thoughts into prayers (Philippians 4:6). Pray for physical, mental and spiritual protection
Specific prayer requests:
If you would like to share a prayer request or pray for other’s requests, click the button below.